A fire extinguisher is an active fire protection device used to extinguish or control small fires, often in emergency situations. Typically, a fire extinguisher consists of a hand-held cylindrical pressure vessel containing an agent which can be discharged to extinguish a fire.
There are two main types of fire extinguishers: stored-pressure and cartridge-operated.
In stored pressure units, the expellant is stored in the same chamber as the firefighting agent itself. Depending on the agent used, different propellants are used. With dry chemical extinguishers, nitrogen is typically used; water and foam extinguishers typically use air. Stored pressure fire extinguishers are the most common type.
Cartridge-operated extinguishers contain the expellant gas in a separate cartridge that is punctured prior to discharge, exposing the propellant to the extinguishing agent. This type is not as common, used primarily in areas such as industrial facilities, where they receive higher-than-average use. They have the advantage of simple and prompt recharge, allowing an operator to discharge the extinguisher, recharge it, and return to the fire in a reasonable amount of time. Unlike stored pressure types, these extinguishers use compressed carbon dioxide instead of nitrogen.
Fire extinguishers are further divided into handheld and cart-mounted (also called trolley mounted extinguishers).
Handheld extinguishers weigh from 0.5 to 14 kilograms, and are hence, easily portable by hand. Trolley mounted units typically weigh more than 25 kilograms. These wheeled models are most commonly found at construction sites, airport runways, heliports, as well as docks and marinas, industries, shop floors.
There is no official standard for the colour of fire extinguishers, though they are typically painted signal red.
The types of fires and additional standards are described in IS 15683, NFPA 10: Standard for Portable Fire Extinguishers, 2013 edition.
Why You Should Prefer Fire Extinguishers from us.
1) Automatic PLC Controlled Welding Fixtures the MIG Welding is performed with the specialized fixtures for control straight and circular welding with the PLC time control set up to get uniform and circular welding in precise manner.
2) Fully Automatic computerized controlled eight tank hot phosphate plant to treat the internal and external surface of cylinder to degrease, de rust, phosphate, Activation and Passivation with unique time controlled system for uniform and Proper treatment. This is the only proven treatment for the cohesion of Powder Coating, and to solve the problems of peeling of the paint.
3) The Cylinders are Powder Coated both internally and externally by oven baked epoxy powder coating for smooth and glossy finish.
4) The operating valves of the fire extinguishers are fixed with semi automatic torque machine to get the leak proof fittings and to avoid the cracking of “O” rings due to excessive force during fixing of the valves for the stored pressure type fire extinguishers. This provided consistency of Fitment and Product
5) The fire extinguishers are tested for Salt Spray Test. Although this is not a Requirement as per ISI we have provided this especially for Automobile Companies.
6) The Automobile mounting brackets are designed to withstand the vibration of the vehicles during motion and are tested by our vehicle manufacturing units in all three axis.
7) No rattling sound is generated by our fire extinguishers during the vehicle in motion. Specific requirements of Automobile companies.
8) Our Fire Extinguishers are withstanding the temperature range of -30°C to 55°C.
9) All Products are CE Marked (Confirmity europnee) by EUROCERT and thus following the European guidelines apart from BIS Approval (ISI MArked) .
10)Apart from above our company is ISO 9001:2015 .